Havi's birthday

11.28.2013

Havi's birthday was last Saturday, and we spent it at the tennis courts.
 My sister, niece, and my sister's mother-in-law came out to watch Caleb play.  The girls had so much fun hanging out together.
 Caleb loves watching the older boys play their matches while he's waiting to play in his next round.
 He played pretty well and finished second in his division.  We're so proud of him.
 I asked my sister to snap a photo of me with the birthday girl, but she was much more interested in eating her snack and making faces.  So this was the best she could do.
   After Caleb wrapped things up at the tennis tournament, we met up with my brother-in-law Andy and his dad for dinner at a local pizzeria.  I had originally planned on baking strawberry cupcakes, but I ran out of time.  So I ended up baking my yummy chocolate cupcakes with a sweet, vanilla bean buttercream frosting that I tinted pink and piped rosettes on top of the cupcakes.  After hanging out in my car all afternoon, they weren't as perky as they were when I made them that morning.  So I didn't snap a photo.  That's what I love about using swiss meringue buttercream; it holds up in the warmer weather!  My sister offered to take a family photo of us before the night ended.
We have to do a better job at taking these photos first thing when we get together because parking lot lights just aren't as flattering as daylight.   It's a family photo of all five of us, and that's all that matters, though, right?  Thanks, Deb, for taking it!  I'll be hitting you up today for another one! ;)

Well, we plan to spend Thanksgiving day with my sister's in-laws.  It will be our first time spending Thanksgiving with them (we spent our first Christmas Eve with them last year.)  I've been put in charge of kids drinks and dessert.  Yep, I may not be a fancy schmancy chef or baker, but I can sure put a smile on little kid's face (and maybe a big kid too.)

Tomorrow, Patrick's sister, Michele, will be heading down with her hubby, John, and their daughter, Lydia.  We are really looking forward to seeing them.  Of course, Caleb wanted to know if he had a tennis tournament he could play in so they could watch him.  Isn't he precious?  Well, we may not be hitting the tennis courts, but we just might be paying The Mouse a visit.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving, no matter how you plan on spending it.  We have so much to be thankful for this year, and we praise our Father in heaven for all He has done for us.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Gobble! Gobble!

Linking up with my friend, Kim, today!

Little by Little

5 sweet words:

the meaklims Thursday, November 28, 2013  

Happy Thanksgiving my friend, your first with little Havi in your arms! And that photo of you two together and her making faces, oh my dear, it melted my heart! She is so sweet!

Well done to Caleb too, that's amazing, I can really see him maturing recently.

Jill

Kim Cunningham Thursday, November 28, 2013  

Hope you are all having a wonderful Thanksgiving! So thankful for you and your friendship in the blogosphere. You have the sweetest family and it has been a blessing to watch it expand!

Grandma (Bammy) Friday, November 29, 2013  

So great to see all five of you together!!! Nice [pic!!
Have a wonderful time with your extended family!!!
Sending lots of love
Bammy

...melody... Saturday, November 30, 2013  

What a lovely family photo!

Unknown Wednesday, December 04, 2013  

It was really nice to see your family picture. So blessed and lots to be Thankful for. Happy Birthday Havi!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP