Hello, Summer

6.24.2012

If any of you have been following my blog for the last year and a half, you know how my sister's dear friend Gina has been battling breast cancer.  I last blogged about her struggles here.  Unfortunately this week, Gina has been moved to the palliative care unit at MD Anderson.  Folks, she knows her time left here on earth is limited.  She is fortunate to be surrounded by the love of her husband, mother, cousin, and now, children.  She is a brave, courageous, inspiring woman who has fought so hard during her entire battle and has never lost faith in her Creator.

Please continue to pray for her...that the time she has remaining with family will be filled with wonderful memories.  Yes, you read that right.  Even in the midst of watching your loved one battle cancer, wonderful memories can still be made.  I know that well, watching my mother battle before me.  Pray this time would be special.

These photos I'm sharing today are about the only thing I've been able to smile about all week.  I took the kids to one of our local parks for some fun.  It was an unseasonably cool start to summer- like 83 degrees and breezy this day! Say what?  In Florida?!  I kid you not.

I don't think I've ever photographed Madeline at this park.  How pathetic is that?  And that's because we actually have to get in the car and drive there instead of hop on our bikes.  That and the yucky black mulch that gets all over you...ick, it makes a mess.  Anyway, it was great to see both Caleb and Madeline enjoy themselves there.

Before we headed out, I did take some photos at home.


If you look closely here, by Caleb's head, you can see that it was sprinkling out.



I guess the threat of rain kept everybody else at home, as the kids had the run of the place.
















This week wraps up my Snapshops photography class with Ashley Ann.  I'm so glad I took the class.  I've learned a lot about the art of photography and spent time reflecting on what drives me to create my images.  It has been refreshing and inspiring.

There is no doubt that Gina's battle with breast cancer and her fight to stay alive has greatly impacted WHY I want to put myself behind and in front of my camera.  I'm grateful for all that Gina has taught me about life, and I'm grateful to Ashley Ann for helping me to capture this in my images.

I shot the images above with my Nikon D700 using my 50mm 1.4 lens. 
Aperature was f/1.8 and SS and ISO were all over the place.

Linking up to:

13 sweet words:

Deb Sunday, June 24, 2012  

Thanks, dear sis, for updating about Gina. It means the world to me and to those who know her and her family. It is amazing how the Lord teaches us so much through others lives. I am so grateful for all the He has taught her through her battle.

I love the photos of my niece and nephew. My favs are the ones on the balance beam. Fabulous angles!!! Totally in love!

Hugs!

Kate Sunday, June 24, 2012  

I am so sorry about your friend...they will be in our prayers. So so hard.

Thank you for stopping by my blog...your daughter is absolutely beautiful...and your son so handsome. I showed your photos to my older daughter and she was so excited to see a little girl with an arm like Jillians. :-) Thank you so much for making the connection with us!!

Melissa Sunday, June 24, 2012  

Life is not about how long our journey is, but about how we loved along the way. Gina sounds like she has loved a great deal and been loved in return. Praying for all your families.

Stefanie Sunday, June 24, 2012  

So sorry to hear about Gina... I can't imagine what her family is going through. She sounds like an incredibly lady with a big faith in God.
And these pictures are so sweet. I love the one with the two of them laughing, and Caleb's head thrown back. Such sweetness!

colleencocci@remax.net Sunday, June 24, 2012  

My heart aches for Gina and her family. Prayers going out for them and her friends, including you and Deb. You continue to grow in your photography, Eva. I, too, especially like the one of Caleb and Madeline so hard (that Stefanie liked). They are gorgeous children. I love watching them grow up (though I don't post often). Thank you!

michele Sunday, June 24, 2012  

Gina and family in our thoughts and prayers.
Yes, be in front of that camara too! The kids will forever cherish all of those pictures.
Great job with the photos!
Miss you Caleb & Madeline.....love your cousin Lydia!
Love from Aunt Shell & Uncle John

the meaklims Sunday, June 24, 2012  

Praying for your dear friend Gina. I read your last post that you linked to also, and reading the comment about you little girl telling you she would be in Heaven... well I had tears also.

Sometimes we need moments like this to appreciate our blessings.

Love that picture of your two darling, the second up from the bottom where they are belly laughing. How special is their relationship. Love it.

Jill

BumbersBumblings Monday, June 25, 2012  

So sorry to hear the prognosis is not good for Gina. Will be praying for her and her family!

Love the pictures--just beautiful!

lisacng Monday, June 25, 2012  

I'm sorry about Gina's news...may God be with her! Lovely photos, glad you are learning so much and my favs are the movement shots :). And I love their love for each other!!!!

Diane Monday, June 25, 2012  

I lost my sister to cancer just before our journey to Kristy....I will be praying for your friend. Such sweet photos of your sweeties:)))
God Bless,
Diane

Gina Kleinworth Monday, June 25, 2012  

I'm so sorry to hear that. Lots of prayers for her as I have so many close to me dealing with the same thing & I know it's a tough road.

Love these pics of the kids- their smiles just light up my day. (esp the second to the last)

amy Monday, June 25, 2012  

All of your images radiate such joy and love between your two children!! Love them all and looks like they have a lot of fun together...what a blessing!

Kim Cunningham Tuesday, June 26, 2012  

So sorry to hear about Gina. That is so so hard. Heartbreaking.

I love the memories you are capturing.

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP