Some girlie clothes for Madeline

5.13.2010

So I have finally gotten around to uploading and editing some photos I've taken of Leah modeling some girlie clothes I've made for Madeline.

Wearing a drop waist sundress from New Look, view D . It's hard to appreciate the drop waist when she's sitting. But it still looks quite cute.


Simple sundress from New Look, view D

A fun free sundress pattern from Oliver +S, their popover dress

Pink Fig's Juliet top, corset style. I found the pants first at my consignment shop and then found the fabric to go with it. Just perfect for a summer adoption trip to Wuhan, Ch*in@.

The back has a cute elastic bodice, with a full gathered skirt


The Julia skirt by Patty Young from her Modkid pattern collection. Just love love love the fullness of this skirt. As the pattern warns, be sure to keep all that fabric out of your waistband when you attach it. Love the peek-a-boo. So sweet and girlie. I bought the top first and then found the fabrics for the skirt to go with it.


Simple and sweet Butterick pattern, view A. I used Sandi Henderson's meadowdot in citrus, to go with the cute shorts I already purchased.

Cute gathered back. I added the ribbon to the hem. It can be layered for cooler weather. I will also be making some ruffle pants using this fabric for the ruffles for those cooler months.


As you can see, I am just having a blast sewing cute clothes for Madeline. My stash of fabrics continues to grow, while my wait for travel gets shorter. I definitely won't have time to finish everything I want to make before we travel. But I sure am having fun. I'm finishing up another Patty Young pattern, as I type!





6 sweet words:

Stephanie Thursday, May 13, 2010  

Darling! Just darling. I am so impressed with your sewing skills, girl!

Allison Thursday, May 13, 2010  

You are so talented, Eva! Can't wait to see Madeline in these cute duds!

Deb Thursday, May 13, 2010  

Leah just loves trying on your clothes. You should start your own business. Tee-hee!

Colleen Cocci Friday, May 14, 2010  

Leah is adorable! Can't wait to see photos of little Madeline strutting her stuff in those outifts. What a wonderful assortment you've got there, Eva.

Melissa Sunday, May 16, 2010  

Well you certainly have a cute little model in Leah. I can't wait to see Madeline in these darling clothes.

Jancy Friday, May 28, 2010  

I agree with Deb you should start your own business. You can even take pictures of your models and post them. You are the jack of all trades, homemaker, office manager, photographer and seamstress!! Am I missing anything :-)

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP