We're approved!

5.12.2010

After patiently waiting all morning and the early part of this afternoon for correspondence from our covering im*migration officer, I just couldn't wait any longer. I called the 800# and lo and behold, she was the one who answered the phone. She immediately told me that she just approved us and was getting ready to send me copies of both our I-800A and I-800 approvals. Both of them need our new fingerprint date on them. I just about fell over. She informed me that she would forward them to the NVC so that they could be cabled. That should take about a week. She did tell me, however, that she didn't think our agency could hand deliver copies of our new approvals. If that is the case, then our documents can't get dropped off until the next drop off date, which, at this point, will be next Thursday. I really hope that is not the case. I scanned the copies of our approval notices to our agency as soon as I could. But I doubt they'll be able to attempt a drop off tomorrow. It's possible, but it's looking more like Monday, and if it has to be cabled, we'll then it's definitely going to be dropped off next Thursday. Just like last time, it will be a few days before our approvals are overnighted to the NVC. And once they are there, it will take a day or two before we're actually cabled. It sure would be nice to be cabled this Friday for a definitely drop off on Monday. But I'm not counting on that AT ALL. I will play by the law of averages and be thankful for that. Even if we didn't have our I-800A expire, the earliest our documents could've been dropped off at the consulate would be tomorrow.

So considering all things, we are in pretty good shape- either right on time or just one week late. I am truly thankful for this. It could've been a lot worse. But I think we'll still be traveling pretty close to when I suspected once we got our LOA. It's unreal to think that in just a few short weeks, we'll all be on a plane to Ch*in@, and we'll soon become a family of four!

3 sweet words:

Fliss and Mike Adventures Wednesday, May 12, 2010  

Argh!!!!!!!!! This is so awesome... oh how I hope that you do get to travel and very soon... I am so incredibly happy for you all... I miss seeing you all at work... if you are still here on May 24th you are welcome to come to Shauna's 1st birthday... it will be at 4pm... let me know... sending you all positive thoughts and hugs to Caleb...

Stephanie Wednesday, May 12, 2010  

HOORAY! That is great news! I'm so excited for you.

Melissa Thursday, May 13, 2010  

The finish line is in sight!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP