Birthday at the beach

5.29.2014

Part of the reason Bammy came down to visit was to celebrate her birthday with us.  So on her actual birthday last week, we thought we would spend a little bit of time digging our toes in the sand and splashing around in the ocean.   Some shells had just been washed upon the shore.  So the dumplings had a blast checking all of them out too.  Fortunately for us, the surf was also pretty calm that day.  So we all ventured into the water.  It was such a fun and relaxing afternoon.
 After the beach, we cleaned up and headed out to dinner. I snapped just a few photos of Bammy with her grandkids while waiting for our food to come out.  Madeline has been wiggling her very loose tooth a lot lately.
 Then I thought I would get a photo of Bammy with Patrick and the dumplings...except Havi seemed to miss the memo.
 As we were driving back home, I could tell the sunset would be pretty over the river.  So as soon as we crossed back over, we pulled off to the side to snap a few photos.  It was soft and pretty, just like the night before.  I wanted to capture at least one of my kids along with the sunset; Havi was the only one who took me up on the offer.  I guess she wanted to make up for her lack of participation in the previous photo. lol  Since the sky wasn't completely lit up like the amazing sunset from two summers ago, I tried to expose for the sky, mostly, but without underexposing Havi too much.
It was such a special day with Bammy.  We're so happy she chose to celebrate her birthday with us.  Today is her last day here.  And I know there are going to be lots of tears.  Havi is going to miss her "Nammy".  And I know Caleb and Madeline are going to miss her too.  We've enjoyed this time so much.  We will have to make sure we do it again before too much time slips away.  I do have a few more photos I want to share during her stay with us, but I will get those up in the next post.

2 sweet words:

Deb Thursday, May 29, 2014  

It looks like you all had a great time. Love the photos. Can't wait to see the rest.

Anonymous Sunday, June 01, 2014  

it was the best Birthday ever!!! So glad and happy to be able to be there with my beautiful grandchildren!! I will cherish these visits forever!
Sending lots of love from
Bammy

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP