The eggs

4.22.2014

Before I get to our low-key Easter celebration (in a separate post), I wanted to quickly share the dumplings egg dyeing fun.  Havi was a hoot.  She really wanted in like Caleb and Madeline, as you can see by her facial expressions.
I forgot to take close ups of the finished eggs.  Yep, a little mental mess up.  Anyway, they had a lot of fun, though not always a lot of patience. lol

Well, as this Easter season approached, I started thinking about our family traditions for this holiday: we go to church on Good Friday, dye eggs, church on Easter Sunday, and egg hunt.  But to me, it still seemed like something was missing.  Well, I read on a family blog I follow about their new tradition that involves giving each child an egg with a bible verse in it that the parents will pray over the child for the coming year.  I loved that idea.  And so, we picked verses for the dumplings and placed them in an egg in their baskets.  There is still more I want to do together as a family to make our Easter celebration more Christ-filled and meaningful, like making resurrection rolls, for starters. Anyway, I can't wait to see what we end up incorporating into our celebration next year.  I thought the bible verses this year was a good start in the right direction though.

Next up...church, the egg hunt and a little non-traditional Easter fun!

4 sweet words:

lisacng Tuesday, April 22, 2014  

Too bad Havi wasn't able to join in the dyeing but her pouty face is too cute :). Great idea to incorporate more religious aspects of the holiday into the basket/egg traditions. I feel like we all are losing more and more the real meanings of Christian holidays. Maybe that's why I don't make a big deal about them, in the material sense. We just spend time together as a family.

Deb Tuesday, April 22, 2014  

Love seeing your pics! You are so brave dear sis not to have anything covering your table in the event of spills. I love the photo of havi's wispy hair too. So cute!

Fannie Saturday, April 26, 2014  

Oh I've missed your pics, so I stopped by to see how the kiddos are doing! :)

We still haven't attempted the Easter Egg dye thing.. We had a rough week leading up to Easter, so I'm playing catch up later today.

You have great light in your house!! I'm gonna have to take ours to the patio I think! LOL

Unknown Sunday, April 27, 2014  

Such cute pictures. I didn't dye any eggs this year because of Isaiah but I know the kids won't let me get away with it net year. I like bible verse in an egg idea.

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP