Just chillin' out

1.25.2013

The other morning I was hanging out with my precious girl, eating snacks and playing on my iPhone. I had already snapped a bunch of photos of her and the two of us together with my phone when it dawned on me that I needed to grab my big girl camera.  So I dashed around the house and grabbed it.  I was too lazy to hook up my wireless remote trigger or set up the tripod.  So I propped my camera up on the table and kept running around it to get in the shots.



I love this girl!!!!  
We've had so much fun doing school together these last few weeks.  She's really coming along with her reading and numbers.  I wish I had done K with Caleb this way- a lot less structured. 

Anyway, while I'm busy talking about Madeline, I thought I would share this video of her riding her brother's old bike...without the training wheels!  She was determined to do it, and it didn't take long.  Somehow she finds a way to keep balanced, despite having a shortened left arm.  After Patrick showed her how to keep going, I showed her how to start.  She's completely independent now.  Amazing.  



6 sweet words:

Kevin and Michele Friday, January 25, 2013  

So what are you doing with her for K? Sorry if I missed it in an earlier post!
Awesome on the bike riding!

Kate Friday, January 25, 2013  

I love her. And you too. And these shots that make "everyday" special. Well done. :-)

lisacng Monday, January 28, 2013  

I love the photos taken at the brown table! The background is so lovely too. And love how you snuck in the photos!!!!! She didn't even notice :P. Lovely mom-daughter shots! And congrats to her riding a big girl bike! Brought tears to my eyes :).

Melissa Monday, January 28, 2013  

WOW! You go girl. Riding a big girl bike!

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 Tuesday, January 29, 2013  

Love the pics of the two of you together! A treasure for sure.
nancy

Unknown Sunday, February 03, 2013  

Lovely selfies. I have been so lax - I don't have a remote and waddling back in front of the camera after setting the timer is not easy! - but I need to get going again. Love these!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP