Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

12.23.2012

{front}
{back}

With packing up and moving this past month and a half, I had a sneaking suspicion that I wouldn't have enough time to take the dumplings out for a quick photo shoot for our Christmas card this year.  Well, my suspicion was correct; time was not on my side.  But I didn't want that to keep me from sending out cards this year.  The end result? A simple card with images from one of our summer shoots when I was practicing my homework for Ashley Ann's Snapshops class.  I love this series because it truly embodies my photography style.  No fancy clothes.  No dramatic location.  Just every day play clothes, our (old house) front yard, and the playground.

This year Gina taught me that the most important moments in our lives are the ordinary ones, and if you take the time to embrace them, they can make your heart swell.  Ashley Ann's class taught me how to stop and recognize them and to try to capture them in a way that's not so ordinary.  This year has been one of tremendous growth for me, both spiritually and "photographically."  (I can't say professionally because I'm not a professional photographer! lol)  And, well, I'm grateful to the Lord for this growth.

I'm thankful for His birth many moons ago, and I'm thankful for the chance to celebrate His birthday with the family He has so graciously blessed me with.  May your Christmas be filled with lots of love and laughter.  And would you please continue to keep Will and the kids in your prayers. This is their first Christmas without Gina, and her 34th birthday, which would have been on Dec 30th, will also be celebrated without her.

Merry Christmas, from our family to yours!!!!

Ni Hao Yall


8 sweet words:

Kevin and Michele Sunday, December 23, 2012  

What a beautiful card! Merry Christmas to you all!

Mary Gene Atwood Sunday, December 23, 2012  

You've had some great mentors in photography. Love your card. Merry Christmas!

Deb Sunday, December 23, 2012  

I am so thankful for the things that you have been able to learn this past year. Gina was truly amazing. This morning I cried at the thought that this Christmas will be the first her family will celebrate without her. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 Sunday, December 23, 2012  

I LOVED this photo session so many whiles ago and I STILL love it now. Truly Christmas card worthy, and even better because it was a plain' ol moment!
nancy

Betsy Monday, December 24, 2012  

I love those photo collages. I'll have to learn how to do that!

3 Peanuts Monday, December 24, 2012  

Beautiful card and I love what you wrote about capturing the ordinary parts of life. Merry Christmas!

Unknown Tuesday, December 25, 2012  

Looking through your blog, I remember when you took that picture of the reflection in the puddle in NYC, came out great!!
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Lots of love
Bammy

lisacng Wednesday, December 26, 2012  

Lovely photos for the card! Glad you've learned so much this year! Can't wait to see what 2013 has in-store for all of us!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP