Favorite Photo Friday: His new smile

4.27.2012

As promised, I'm sharing a few photos I took of Caleb shortly after he lost his first tooth.

See?


It's been a long time coming.
Caleb turned 7 in January and, just last week, lost his first tooth.


As we anxiously awaited the day in which he would lose his first tooth, 
I have often thought about his early years.
You know, when he was a precious little infant,
still waiting in the orphanage for his mama and baba.


In all likelihood, he didn't get much comfort when he was teething.
And that idea just breaks my heart.


Now that he's added a gap to his smile,
he just looks so much older!




And still as handsome as can be!

Well, this weekend will prove to be a busy one for all of us.
Madeline and I will head over to Orlando today, 
as Gina's big golf tournament has an 8:30am shotgun Saturday morning.
Patrick and Caleb have a baseball game in the morning and will then head over to Orlando
because we will be meeting our social worker at my sister's place for our second home study visit!

I know I should probably be focusing on my golf game during the tournament.  
However, the photographer in me can't help myself.
So I will be toting my camera around, too.
I just have to ensure that I protect my gear. Hmm.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

the long road

5 sweet words:

Gina Kleinworth Friday, April 27, 2012  

That third one just makes me giggle but boy, that last one with that beautiful, genuine smile just takes my heart!

Deb Friday, April 27, 2012  

Love that boy and his precious new smile! I can hardly believe that his next tooth is practically all the way erupted!

Stephanie Friday, April 27, 2012  

It is so heartbreaking to think of our kids not receiving the comfort they deserved in those early months/years.

You've captured such precious pictures of your handsome boy here!

Diane Saturday, April 28, 2012  

Sooooo Handsome! Thanks for sharing this story. My Kristy doesn't turn 7 until October and can not wait until she loses her first turn!! Most of her friends have already lost their first tooth and it's been almost painful for her that she is still waiting:(
Love your photo's of your sweet Caleb:)
God Bless,
Diane

Nicole RenĂ©e Saturday, April 28, 2012  

Eva, he is a beautiful child, seriously. And you capture him in such a lovely way. Just wait until those top teeth coming out ... I cried when it happened to Angel!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP