Paging Drs. Caleb and Madeline

11.03.2011

For as long as I can remember, Caleb wanted to be a doctor for Halloween this year. Simple enough, right? Now Madeline...well, I had hoped to create a special Little Red Riding costume for her. But that was not in the cards this year. Time was NOT my friend. I purchased the patterns and fabric at Joann and then got my little fingers busy. I did most of my sewing after everyone was in bed, as it was truly the only uninterrupted time I had. I had two weeks to pull it off, and I needed every last minute. I was printing their doctor badges just before we left the house on Friday for our church's Trunk or Treat....

...in the rain. Yep. We went trunk or treating in the rain. I was not about to stay home after working so hard on these cute little numbers. Caleb loves dinosaurs. So picking his fabric was easy. For Madeline, I just thought these monkeys were so stinkin' cute, and I liked the color.


I took these photos as we were leaving the house around 6:45pm. So not only was it dark, but it was extra dark from all that rain. I had to open my lens and crank up my ISO to even see the kids in the frame! Hence all that yucky digital noise. Arent' these just the cutest little doctors you have ever seen?

Thankfully, the kids got to trick or treat without the rain on Halloween. Our dear friends invited us to join them in their neighborhood for the night. We all had an absolute blast. It was the best time trick or treating ever. Lots of kids. Lots of decorated houses. Lots of candy. And a cool, crisp night to boot! And great company! What could be better?!

A few weeks back, we walked across the street to our the nearby church's little pumpkin patch. I don't think I can ever go to a pumkin patch without thinking of Madeline's referral. It was 2 years ago on October 30th that we first saw her face and accepted her referral. Caleb picked out a special little pumkin for his little sister that day.


The kids had a blast running around trying to find the perfect pumpkin. Caleb searched for a little bit, and then the first pumpkin he picked up was a keeper.



Madeline, on the other hand, had a little bit more trouble pinning down her favorite. She started with a little medium sized pumpkin



Then she found an itty bitty one.




Then it was back to a medium sized pumpkin, which satisfied her.



So, Caleb asked me what they were going to do with all the pumpkins that nobody bought?

Why, give them away for FREE, of course! And wouldn't you know it, that after two days, not a single pumpkin remained. Hope you all had a fun-filled, candy fest of a Halloween!

3 sweet words:

Cheri Thursday, November 03, 2011  

Yep, you've got some cute docs on hand! I love the scrubs. I'm ashamed to show you my sewing job!

Colleen Cocci Friday, November 04, 2011  

You are a wonderful seamstress, Eva. And your little docs are just the cutest! I always pray when I drive by your house (like yesterday) that someone will be in the front yard so I might be able to get a big hug from Caleb and get to meet adorable Madeline. No luck yet... Happy Fall Y'All!

lisacng Thursday, October 04, 2012  

Love the DOC costumes. Well done! And in 2 weeks, great job! LOVE the pumpkin patch photos. I want to do that this year with J!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP