Favorite Photo Friday: Kickin' around the yard

11.04.2011

I know. I know. Another post? What's happening here, right? Well, I wasn't kidding when I said my camera has seen a lot of action lately. My everyday lens is my 50mm 1.8 because it's so light. But lately, I have decided that, despite the weight of my 85mm 1.4, I'm making some changes. I love that lens!!! Dreamy. Creamy. I can't get enough. So...I used it to snapped these photos of the kidlets last Sunday while they were playing in the front yard. Caleb was somewhat cooperative.


But what he really wanted to do was throw the baseball around and ride his bike.



Madeline, on the other hand, was all too eager to strike a pose.



She did her best to get her brother to smile by making funny faces behind me. It worked...for a moment.




Madeline continued to work the camera.



Then she decided she was going to pick magnolia leaves for Daddy and make a bouquet.



Then she had had enough.


Well, the main reason I decided to snap these photos was/is my desire to get back to shooting in manual mode. I admit I have been cheating this last year and a half or so by shooting in aperature priority. But no more. I'm not giving up that control.

I have very little free time (if any at all!) So sitting down to edit photos is nearly impossible some weeks, which means I don't get around to blogging at all. That stinks. And I want that to change. My goal: great exposure in camera, so very little editing is necessary. And that's just what happened here. Minimal editing. Hooray! Now, if I can just get Caleb and Madeline to hang in there with me. lol

the long road

4 sweet words:

Sharon Friday, November 04, 2011  

These are darling and I am in love with his pouty face picture!

Cedar Friday, November 04, 2011  

Very cute! Great job! Minimal editing is a great goal!

Melissa Friday, November 04, 2011  

Very sweet. Love the posing!

Lauren Monday, November 07, 2011  

They are absolutely gorgeous xx And the photos are pleasing!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP