Sunday Snapshot:Finally.......all four of us

4.24.2011

A few weeks ago, I was approached by a fellow adoptive mom on a mission. She was looking for "family photos" for a new non-profit that she and her hubby have launched, The Sparrow Fund. When she asked if I had any photos I could share to help with the launch of their website, my heart sank. For the record, we have only 2 meaningful but crummy quality photos of the four of us in China....not the plethora of choices to help with such an important task.

Well, I decided that now was as good a time as any to finally get that elusive photo of all four of us. On his way home from work,I mentioned my proposal to Patrick of setting up the tripod to help this fellow adoptive mom out; he was up for the challenge! By this time, the sun was going down and tummies were empty. I knew this would be a tall order. However, we were gonna give it our best shot.

Although the kids were looking less than interested at this point, I did manage one shot with Daddy before we decided to move everything to the backyard.


Between chasing each other and boredom, I managed to snap a few of both kidlets.



And then the BIG challenge....my remote shutter release was NOT working. Needless to say, I knew I would be getting in a few laps between our location and the tripod. I knew not having me behind the lens would be no problem for Caleb because I actually let him play with the remote shutter release a few years back when trying to get some photos of the two of us together. It was Madeline who had me worried. "Okay honey, look straight ahead at the person-less camera and try to flash a nice, pretty, natural smile. Thanks!" LOL. But believe it or not, most of the outtakes had this girlie smiling! Anyway, drum roll please...................





























.....the much anticipated Family of Four photo.



Thanks, Kelly, for allowing us to be a part of your launch and for motivating me to FINALLY capture this photo. Woot!

And from our family to yours....may you have a blessed Easter. Go out and celebrate the life we have in Christ!



For more Sunday Snapshots, stop by Stefanie's blog.



Sunday Snapshot

8 sweet words:

Kjbikakis Sunday, April 24, 2011  

Such cute pictures!
And a very adorable Family Photo (:
Happy Easter~

shelley Sunday, April 24, 2011  

Great pics....Happy Easter

Tina Michelle Sunday, April 24, 2011  

Cute pic! I love their serious looks in the first pics.

Jennifer Sunday, April 24, 2011  

Beautiful family picture! Happy Easter!

Melissa Sunday, April 24, 2011  

as usual, another great picture. What a beautiful family. Want to come take one of us?

Stephanie Monday, April 25, 2011  

Oh, it's beautiful! (As are all your photographs!)

Jancy Tuesday, May 03, 2011  

What a great family photo!

Unknown Saturday, May 14, 2011  

Just now seeing this post :)

Love the pic and love you for helping us out! Keep spreading the word that we are here!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP