Almost ready for TA

6.18.2010

So this afternoon, we received a little bit of good news. The courier we have entrusted our passports with in order to obtain our travel visas called to confirm that she received them back from the Ch*inese Embassy and would be overnighting them back to us today! Hip hip hooray. Praise the Lord. The only thing standing in our way now is, of course, our travel invitation....that and everything I still have left to do for Madeline's room. LOL.

I have finally decided on making her curtains and bedskirt. I am repurposing store bought curtain panels because I've had a tough time finding fabric that I like that also looks good with her bedding and rug. This has been quite a chore. So I've finally settled on something and have to get to work making them. I also found it quite challenging to buy a bedskirt to go with the bright fun lantern bedding bedding already in the room. So I decided I would have to make a bedskirt. This is for the big girl queen size spare bed in her room. So it's not totally necessary to have it done before we bring her home. But I've already been down that road before. We were unable to finish Caleb's room before we traveled because it all happened so fast. And consequently, it's taken over 2 years to finally finish off his room. I don't want the same thing to happen in Madeline's room. So I am determined to get both of these items sewn before we hop on a plane.

I also ordered some cute art work from an artist I found on Etsy. And I just can't wait to get it up on the walls. I also have some artwork of my own I'd like to do, but I seriously doubt I'll have time to paint them up AND sew everything. Oh well.

We have now waited 2.5 weeks of our anticpated 2-4 week wait for TA. So we really are expecting it any day now. In the meantime, we have SO much to do still to get ready that I hope we can get enough of it done before we leave.

2 sweet words:

Fliss and Mike Adventures Friday, June 18, 2010  

Can't wait to hear the news of when you go... I was only thinking about you today... wondering what was happening... I am SO excited for you all... I think I have told you that 100 times... as soon as you know, you are going to have to let me know of her size in clothes... I want to buy her a little something (of course I will get something for Caleb too - don't want to give her something and not Caleb)... once again... so happy for you... take care

Fliss and Mike Adventures Friday, June 25, 2010  

I know I already left you a comment but had to leave this one... had a dream the other night and you and Caleb were in it... you were running around saying you had 'Travel Approval'... fingers crossed you will hear sseomething then...

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP