My first roll of film

6.12.2014

So here it is....my first roll of film shot with an SLR.  I loaded a roll of Fujifilm Superia X-TRA 400 into my Nikon F100 and had it developed and scanned by Richard Photo Lab in Hollywood, CA using their Noritsu scanner.  These are straight scans, no editing at all except adding my watermark.  The moments I captured were just every day moments that occurred over the course of two weeks.
If you can believe it, I shot these two photos of Havi and Madeline together in the grass as the sun was dropping in the sky.  With an ISO of only 400, I had to drop my shutter speed to 1/60.  You can see Havi's hand moving in the second shot.  But still, I was proud of myself for pulling off a reasonable exposure with so little light. 
Of the twenty-four exposures I shot, I had to toss 4 of them due to blinking or soft focus, things of that nature.  I love the grain and softness of the images I captured.  I'm tickled with how my first roll turned out.  Nothing fancy.  Just simple, every day moments shot on film.  I will be sending my second roll out soon, same film, but then I might throw a professional roll in after that.

Well, Caleb had a great weekend of tennis.  I'm sorry I'm just now getting this blog post up.  After my internet issue was resolved last week, I ended up hurting my left wrist.  I am STILL in a lot of pain, one week later.  Grrr.  Typing hurts but I'm tolerating it just for the sake of catching up with my blog posts.  I will try to share about Caleb's tennis happenings soon.  This afternoon Madeline has her dress rehearsal for her dance recital.  I can't wait to capture the rehearsal and recital with my new lens.  And a certain little dancer I know will be sporting a new smile for said recital.  Hopefully my wrist feels better soon, too!

6 sweet words:

Deb Thursday, June 12, 2014  

Sis, these are truly amazing film pictures! I am in awe! I am so proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone. I hope you wrist feels better soon. Enjoy Madeline's recital. We are very sad that we will not be able to make it. BTW, I love her new smile!

Megan Thursday, June 12, 2014  

These are great! I especially love the ones of the girls on the pavers and the three of them on the grass. Someday I will learn how to use my good camera!

We're about to send our dossier to China! Can't wait for that milestone to be done!

Unknown Friday, June 13, 2014  

Wonderful shots!!! You sure have the most beautiful subjects!!!!
thanks for sharing!!!
Love
Bammy

Skeller Monday, June 16, 2014  

I think these are so so sooooo lovely. Certainly no editing necessary! Looks like you have a natural talent for film :-).

June K Tuesday, June 17, 2014  

Wonderful shots! They came out really nice. Your kids are such natural subjects, too. Too cute.

lisacng Tuesday, June 17, 2014  

Awesome!!!! I love quite a few and that they are still your style - girls in wagon, girls w/ umbrellas, girls sitting on grass, Caleb drawing next to tree.

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP