Just a little play

3.20.2014

I know I'm not the best blogger around.  I also know that lately a lot of my posts have been about big happenings around here, like Caleb's tennis tournaments, birthdays, or holidays.  Although our days are not spent running around town like crazies, our hours are still filled with lots of stuff: homeschooling, tennis, dance, all the mom stuff daily grind for me and some down time for the dumplings.  I personally have been spending more time in the kitchen, regularly baking goodies for our bellies (and cooking some too). And now I need to find some time in front of my sewing machine! lol  

Anyway, as a consequence, I have not been intentional with my camera/s lately.  Sure I've captured some big moments and have shared them here on the blog.  But what has been lost in all this are all those beautiful, wonderful every day moments that I remember pulling at me to capture them about two years ago.  So this month, I decided I needed to get back on track and capture those ordinary moments yet again.  The other day I looked back on all those simple, every day moments I captured that summer, and boy, did my heart swell.   

So here are a few captures from earlier in the month.  Caleb and Madeline were playing hide-and-seek in the yard and riding their bikes.  So I sat down with Havi in the driveway/garage while she colored.
Yes, her little whispy hairs are like wings above her ears.  It is so stinkin' precious.
Havi eventually decided to join them in their game.
I just love how much they play together, and I love how well they get along.  I'm so thankful we homeschool and that it allows all three of them to spend their days together.  I know it has strengthened their bond.  I remember when Madeline was smaller and used to nap every day, Caleb couldn't wait for her to wake up so they could play together.  And now, years later, when she lays down for a nap because she's so tired, he says the exact same thing.  They love being together.  And that just melts my mama heart.

Linking up with my friend, Kim...since I actually have something "little" to share.

Little by Little

7 sweet words:

Tamar SB Thursday, March 20, 2014  

This is so sweet - great captures!!

Kim Cunningham Thursday, March 20, 2014  

I love your sweet little moments! I'm glad you captured them to share with us! They are such a reminder to savor the dailies.

Anonymous Thursday, March 20, 2014  

Savor the moments. My niece is eightteen; where did all the moments go?

Grandma (Bammy) Thursday, March 20, 2014  

Wow - lots of pictures and news - I am sooooo happy my computer has been saved with recovery discs!! Now I can see the blogs again....so good to see the grandkids and they sure are changing and growing so rapidly...it is truly amazing!!! Look forward to visiting!!
Love
Bammy

Deb Thursday, March 20, 2014  

Love these moments. Thanks for the reminder, sis.

betty-NZ Thursday, March 20, 2014  

Those are truly some precious moments!

Unknown Tuesday, March 25, 2014  

Thank you so much for the reminder to saver the moments.

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP