Christmas Day fun

12.29.2013

Well, I was going to do my best to create some photo collages because I have so many photos to share from our Christmas celebration/s.  But unfortunately, time is not my friend.  So I appreciate your patience in advance for the onslaught of images heading your way the next few days.

It all started Christmas Eve.  We were planning to attend dinner with my sister's in-laws and extended family.  But unfortunately, it was going to make the night too late, especially for Havi. So we opted for church in the afternoon and a quiet family dinner of Lobster Newberg.  Well, mama and baba had lobster newberg.  Patrick made lobster with butter for the dumplings.  He's a good man. Then we let them open one present each, read a bible story, and put them to bed.
Christmas morning I was the last one out of bed... at 6:15am.  But there was no racing to rip open presents.  Not this year, nor every year here on out.  Nope.  We decided that we would read the story of Jesus's birth and say what we're thankful for before opening presents.  
Caleb really wanted a Florida Gator pillow pet, like his cousin Josh.
Madeline and Caleb both wanted remote controlled helicopters.
 Havi got a cute little dollhouse (and some legos).
Madeline got a ballerina doll from Aunt Shell, Uncle John and Lydia.
Madeline also wanted Legos, specifically the Friends horse trailer.  And Caleb scored Grand Slam Tennis for the Wii.
And precious Havi had her portrait made by her wonderful Bammy, Patrick's mom.  What is so amzing about the image she chose to use for the portrait is that Havi is playing with my camera lens cap. And the image she used to paint Madeline's portrait 3 years ago had Madeline also playing with my lens cap while still in China with her!  I guess you could say lens caps make good props. lol

So I opened my gifts last and made out big time.  You see, since bringing Havi home, I have had lots more stuff to tote around every day.  That means my awesome 2 Sues camera bag/purse from Kelly Moore holds more kids stuff than camera stuff.  Often that has meant leaving my DSLR at home because diapers and wipes are kinda important with a non-potty trained toddler.  That left me with just my phone camera for photos.  And well, that was starting to drive me batty.  So I did a little research on good quality point and shoots and found a few little Fujifilm X series gems.  I passed that knowledge on to my better half, and he came through in a big way at Christmas.  So I spent the rest of the morning and day fumbling my way through a new camera set up. The rest of the photos I took that day were with my Fujifilm.  I am in love!!!!

...okay, back to Christmas day and photos...

Madeline was also given a Sophia the First dress and amulet.  But you wouldn't know it. Havi made sure that she had ample time to play with that amulet.  Oh my!  She really acted as if it were hers. Poor girl. lol
Madeline was thrilled with decorating her little wooden vanity.
Some tennis on the tube for everyone's viewing pleasure...
Caleb got a fun little stomp rocket.  It made Havi giggle and stomp uncontrollably.  She loved his gift!
After lounging around all morning and the early part of the afternoon, Patrick suggested we go to the tennis courts for a father/son match.
I thought I'd take a few videos with my new camera.  
I love Caleb's expression at the end of the play in the first video, and in the second one, I captured a quick smash.
Well, normally my sister and her family come on Christmas Day.  However, since we were planning on traveling together to visit family in South Florida on Friday, she opted to come over on the 26th. I'll share those photos along with the ones from our trip in another post because this one's already seen enough. lol

I hope you all had a wonderful, merry, joy-filled Christmas!

4 sweet words:

June K Sunday, December 29, 2013  

That is a beautiful portrait of Havi. Patrick's mom did a wonderful job. Wow, it was fun watching Caleb on the tennis court. He is good. Your story about your camera bag made me laugh. My niece has a 18 mo old and she still has her camera in her camera bag but it is surrounded by small stuff animals and other toys. She was commenting about there is hardly any room for her camera. :)

Deb Sunday, December 29, 2013  

Love seeing your Christmas morning and I am so happy about your new camera. Can't wait to see pics from the day after even though I "was there". lol. We all had a great time! Love you!!!

Grandma (Bammy) Sunday, December 29, 2013  

Love those pictures - they children look so happy on Christmas morning ......
glad you all had a great holiday
Sending Love from
Bammy

lisacng Monday, December 30, 2013  

What a beautiful and special Christmas! I love that yall didn't just rip open presents but reflected on the birth story first. Glad all the kids got what they wanted, glad you did too! Please do post (when you find time, ahh!) about your new point and shoot! What made you choose this particular one?

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP