A double birthday celebration

8.14.2013

Warning!!!!

Just like last year's birthday parties for my niece and nephew, this post is photo heavy.  My sister puts a lot of effort into her kids parties. Since their birthdays are only 5 weeks apart, and we have family from out of town, she opted to have a joint party this year.  The co-ed theme for this year was Rainbow Monsters.
 You see all those monsters on the shelf?  She made them all, and Leah helped to stuff them.
 She made all the treats on the table.
 For the kids, she made monster party hats.
 She also made monster mouth props for our mock photo booth.
 Goodie bags for the kids
 We caught people on their way out for their monster photo booth snap shots.
 Those two young ones are two peas in a pod.  So fun to chase around with my camera when they have a mind of their own. Ha.
 After lunch and cake, it was time to open presents.
 Auntie Deb had been working hard all day at stealing a kiss from Havi.  Her charm finally worked.  And apparently Josh had the same effect.
 Havi and Josh were so funny playing with each other at the door.  (He's only 4 months older than her.)
 The beautiful birthday girl, Leah.
 I tried to get a family photo for my sister, but this was the best I could do with an uncooperative Josh.  
 Well, I managed to get him in the photo, right?  That counts for something.

I'm so thankful that my cousins Ed and Eileen were able to make the trip up.  I love these two like something crazy.  Don't they have adorable monster smiles?
 We all laughed because we couldn't help but smile behind these enormous monster mouths.
 I had forgotten to photograph some of the monster food.  So my sister made me fix that.  Oops.  Aren't they the cutest orange and bell pepper you ever did see?  They remind me of those silly monsters on Sesame Street.
 And then my sister went and opened up her big mouth by saying that we needed a sister photo together.  I think we were all thankful that Andy captured this in one shot.  Painless...which can't be said for any other photo I've asked him to take of us or me of him.  Poor guy.  He tolerates us. lol  (And no, I'm not taller than her.  I just look that way because I had shoes on, and her lawn slopes a bit.)

Well, we had a fantastic time, as always.  The next birthday to celebrate will be Andy's.  And we're hoping they will be heading our way to celebrate.  He's like Madeline in that he LOVES chocolate.  So I have the privilege of baking up some yummy chocolatey goodness.

Well, we hope you had a wonderful birthday Leah and Josh.
We love you like crazycakes!

10 sweet words:

Kate Wednesday, August 14, 2013  

Well...oh my gosh...where to start...1) Your sister needs to start a party planning business. Seriously. 2) You two are adorable! 3) I loved all the photos...but 4) The one of Havi and Josh on the doorstep? Award winning. I love love love that one. ...and 6) Havi just looks like she is blossoming...makes my heart happy for you all. :-)

Kate Wednesday, August 14, 2013  

Oooopppsss...make #6...#5. I can count...just not when I am hurrying...apparently. :-)

Deb Wednesday, August 14, 2013  

Girl, you know how much I appreciated you snapping our family memories. You are so wonderful at what you do and I am so grateful. I love all of the kissy faces and monster faces, too! Thank you, thank you soooo much! We had such a fun time and can't wait to see you again really soon!

Jancy Wednesday, August 14, 2013  

Deb and you both have talent in so many ways. I loved everything about that party but those cute little monster animals that Deb made..I really liked. Loved all the pictures of the cousins running around together. You and Deb are great sisters I hope my daughters grow up to have a relationship like the two of you have with each other!

Elena Thursday, August 15, 2013  

I wandered over from Deb's blog - wonderful photos of the party! I love all of the googly eyes everywhere :)

June K Thursday, August 15, 2013  

Looks like a fun time for all - kids and the adults. Beautiful food, treats, and decorating. Love the photo of you and your sister.

Unknown Thursday, August 15, 2013  

These are so fun! Thanks for letting us see Deb's crafty talent! Such a beautiful family!

likeschocolate Friday, August 16, 2013  

What an adorable party! The photo of you and your sister is beautiful!

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 Saturday, August 17, 2013  

Alllllrighty then. Jaw on desk. Oh wow! I am in AWE of the beautiful party!!! Your pictures are gorgeous!! So fun and colorful and happy! I am such a failure in that department. In fact, just had hubby's bday party last night and I was picking up some festive plates and napkins about an hour before the party, and waffling about whether or not to swing for ice cream - lol!
I love the pic of you and sis too.... absolutely beautiful!
(and I totally cracked up at the orange and bell pepper - lol!) :-)

Kim Cunningham Monday, August 26, 2013  

What an awesome party! Looks like a super fun day. Love the twin photo. Can totally tell which one is you!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP