Two big letters.........TA!

5.22.2013

Can you believe it?  God has done it again!  
Our agency said to expect TA in 2-3 weeks.  That was almost 2 weeks ago.  Yep.  He's in the details.

Well, I was sitting in the kitchen munching on an apple and texting my sister and hubby when I noticed I had some new emails.  I could see that one of them was from our China coordinator, and when I saw the words "Congratulations.  BAAS received your TA this afternoon," I almost choked on said apple.  For real!

So now the planning is kicking into high gear and the packing must commence.  Unfortunately the new camera/laptop backpack I purchased last week was waaaay too big on my petite frame.  So I need to ship it back and try again.  Ugh.  I really want to wear a backpack to tote around all my gear so that I can wear Havi in the carrier without having to keep a bag from falling off my shoulder.  So I really need to pick something quick.  We are hoping to leave mid June after Madeline's dance recital.

Anyway, enough rambling.  Now for some photos.  Shame on me; I didn't get either hubby to snap a photo of me with my sister the weekend of our birthday/Mother's Day.  Pathetic, I know.  I did, however, follow all the littles around as they walked over to the playground and played wildly one night after dinner.
I love watching Caleb take Josh by the hand.  It's a foreshadowing of the weeks to come.
These last two photos crack me up.  I wanted a shot of all the kids together. So Caleb corralled Josh.  Madeline and Leah jumped into the shot.  But I couldn't convince Madeline to put her knees down so she didn't flash the world.
She couldn't take it and up and left.  And the other three came crashing down.  Not quite the end result I had in mind! lol
Anyway, I'll be sure to keep you all posted on our travel plans when we nail them down.  I plan on blogging when we travel. So be sure to check in on us and leave some comment love.  It'll mean a lot to us while we're half way around the globe.


10 sweet words:

Cheri Thursday, May 23, 2013  

My friend received her TA this week, too! Congratulations!! Can't wait to following along, again. I love seeing families being made.

Happy pictures. They make me smile.

Toni Thursday, May 23, 2013  

Can you hear my cheers from Washington! So excited for you all:)

Deb Thursday, May 23, 2013  

So very excited for you!!!! Caleb has had some practice helping with Josh so I know he is ready to be a big brother to such a little one. We cannot wait to meet her!

Nicole Renée Thursday, May 23, 2013  

That is wonderful news, congratulations mama! So, so exciting!! If it's at all helpful, I used my tamrac camera backpack as a backpack (it has a special slot for a laptop, although I didn't take my macbook with me because of the weight). And then I used a crumpler 6 million dollar bag (I think it's 6, may be the 7) for my camera equipment, and just put it over my neck and under one arm. I only used that bag on travel days - otherwise I'd just use my backpack for everyday stuff. It worked well.

So excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicole Renée Thursday, May 23, 2013  

That is wonderful news, congratulations mama! So, so exciting!! If it's at all helpful, I used my tamrac camera backpack as a backpack (it has a special slot for a laptop, although I didn't take my macbook with me because of the weight). And then I used a crumpler 6 million dollar bag (I think it's 6, may be the 7) for my camera equipment, and just put it over my neck and under one arm. I only used that bag on travel days - otherwise I'd just use my backpack for everyday stuff. It worked well.

So excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

lisacng Thursday, May 23, 2013  

Congratulations! Hope you find the perfect bag! Were you looking for a camera bag or just a bag (maybe I'll find out as I catch up on your posts). Love the hand-holding and slide photos and LOL on Madeline flashing everyone ;).

Kim Cunningham Saturday, May 25, 2013  

I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to meet your sweet Havi here!

the meaklims Monday, May 27, 2013  

Yippeeeeeee!! So thrilled to here this news! Looking forward to see her in your arms, and Caleb taking her by the hand. ♥
Stunning pictures, yet again.

Jill

the meaklims Monday, May 27, 2013  

Oops, *hear

Stephanie Tuesday, June 04, 2013  

I feel so out of the loop! I've been off of blog reading for a few weeks doing some grad classes and here I log on to find you have TA!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing! I'm thrilled for your family and can't wait to follow your journey!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP