iPhone photo dump and something that makes me smile

4.23.2013

Phew, that was a long post title.  Well, let's get to the news so we can get to the photo dump.  The good news is that today,as Havi turns 17 months old, we received the PDF copy of our cable approval letter for her adoption.  I know that's not decipherable to most of you.  Basically it means that our I-800 approval has been forwarded to Guangzhou, where Havi's immigration visa interview will take place. Since the approval has been forwarded, our rep in Guangzhou can now drop off her visa application, the DS-230.  This is known in adoption circles as the Article 5.  This will likely take place this Thursday. Two weeks later, it will be picked up and forwarded to CCCW@ in Beijing.  That's when our official wait for Travel Approval (TA) will begin.  That would make a great birthday present for me.  Really.  

Anyway, I know I promised iPhone photos, like um, forever ago.  So here are some from the last month.  I really have taken a ton of photos with my phone these last few months..  I'm thankful for it, as I haven't picked up my big girl camera much at all these last few weeks.  I have been spending waaay more time sewing. Anyway, here are just some of the photos that tell what we've been up to.  
 playing bible trivia with a helmet I made him
 an afternoon of bowling

birthday flowers for Madeline 
 pretty sunset 
the day her passport arrived
Easter egg hunt

 go-cart park

 morning snuggles
 spinning in a new twirl skirt, wearing her old Halloween scrub top costume, and so is Caleb lol
 another little skirt
 vanilla cupcakes with chocolate swiss meringue buttercream (YUM)
 lots of baseball and peanuts to munch
 swimming...practically every day
 school (she did this on her own for fun)
watching the painters
a bright white great room 



a panorama shot of the new white walls
The bedrooms are in the back, to the left and right, and the kids playroom is to the right where that window is. 

And yes, as you can see, besides painting, we haven't done anything in this space but move stuff in. lol  We'll get there...someday.  Actually, I need to stop sewing clothes for the girls and get cracking on some home dec stuff, like new toss pillows for the living room and the girls' bedding.  And since we'll likely be in China in 2 months, I should really get on that.




6 sweet words:

Cheri Wednesday, April 24, 2013  

I wish I could sew as well as you. The things you make are so cute! And the things I could do decorating! Ah...wishful thinking. I'm looking forward to your travels. Are both kiddos going?

lisacng Wednesday, April 24, 2013  

What a might cool helmet! Great job! And love the photo of morning snuggles, Caleb jumping, and the one where Madeline is sitting in the bright room.

Melissa Wednesday, April 24, 2013  

The house looks great. Looks like there is lots of room for the littles.
I love that helmet! You should sell them. I know I would buy a few.

Deb Wednesday, April 24, 2013  

Love your phone photos!!! Can't wait to see you guys!!! And praying for a fabulous birthday present for you.

Stephanie Thursday, April 25, 2013  

Love the photos and the good news on the adoption front! Hooray!

Kim Cunningham Sunday, April 28, 2013  

These are great! I love M's adorable skirts!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP