Low-key photography

8.07.2012

Last week in my photography class, we were supposed to work on low light shots.  Well, since all the photos taken inside our house are done with low light, that wasn't really stepping outside my comfort zone.  Instead, I decided to give low-key a try.

Here's Caleb watching the Olympics one night, lit by the lamp on the end table.
These next two shots are actually an illusion of low light.  They were taken during the brightest time of day in our living room.  Again, Caleb was watching the Olympics.  I saw the rim of light reflecting off of him and knew I wanted to capture it.

You better believe I'm keeping my eye out for more low-key opportunities.  I had so much fun with these low-key shots.

8 sweet words:

Deb Tuesday, August 07, 2012  

These are gorgeous, sis! Beautiful stuff I tell ya!

Amy Wednesday, August 08, 2012  

So beautiful! You're very talented!! Love them!

Gail Wednesday, August 08, 2012  

These are beautiful!!

lisacng Wednesday, August 08, 2012  

Love the little glow of light in just the right faces -- the expression of concentration! What are his favorite sports? Good call on the black/white conversion. And no grain in the photos. I'm so jealous! What ISO you using? Very good shots, very good shots! Kids can be cute and dramatic at the same time. Now, I want to try!

the meaklims Wednesday, August 08, 2012  

Beautiful! And I love how you converted them into back and white too!

Jill

Unknown Wednesday, August 08, 2012  

Love these...esp that first one! Great job!

Nicole Renée Sunday, August 12, 2012  

Oh how fun, I love these! I really never take the time to try differently lit shots like this (unless it's with a birthday cake candle), you have inspired me!

Kim Cunningham Monday, August 13, 2012  

Cool! These are fun.i love the first one!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP