Sunday Snapshot: A little update...'cause a LOT is going on

4.08.2012



Yep.  We have been hopping over here.  Busy.  Busy.  Busy.
I always intend to update the blog regularly.  However, when life gets busy, there's just not enough time to talk about it!

So here goes the reader's digest version of the last few weeks.

For starters, I have some unfortunate news.  I have been trying to digest it myself for the last few days, delaying this post even more.

My sister's dear friend, Gina, continues to battle breast cancer.  And the latest news is not good.  The clinical trial she began in Houston has not been effective.  They are starting her on new chemotherapy drugs. This news stinks beyond stink.  I can't say much more besides that without sobbing.  So I'm moving on.

Back when we were celebrating Madeline's birthday at Disney with my sister, brother-in-law and niece, I had the chance to snap a few quick photos of my sister and nephew, Joshua.

 


Can you believe this precious munchkin is going to be 9 months old this month?

During the local school's spring break, we had a chance to head to Tampa to catch a Yankee Spring Training game against the Minnesota Twins.  My sister, Andy and kids, along with Andy's parents also made the trip.  We had a blast.  We also spent one day at Busch Gardens and another on Clearwater Beach.  A truly fantastic weekend.  I'll share those photos a little later.

Madeline continues to dance and prepare for her upcoming recital in June. 



We had a chance to observe last month.  She is regularly one step ahead of everyone.  It's quite funny to watch.





Last week, we had the opportunity to meet up with a fellow adoptive family visiting the Mouse for Spring Break. The Crebbins are an awesome crew. We had such a blast. Caleb and Kaia hit it off. Jaelyn and Madeline were unfazed that they were both missing parts of their left arms and just had fun. Now, we're just gonna have to plan a visit to the Pacific Northwest some time soon. Those photos will come later too. 

 Also last week in baseball, Caleb hit his first ever double! Not only that, he hit two of them! And I managed to get them on video. Here he is making his first double.

 

He was a bit under the weather this past week. However, he rested up all week so he would be ready to play baseball this weekend. And what did he do? He hit his first ever triple! We are so proud of him. All of his teammates played a great game today. They continue to improve each week. It's so fun to watch.

I've also been doing a little bit of sewing.  I made Madeline a cute little bubble top and shorts for Easter tomorrow and a simple little skirt.  Next up are some lounge pants for Caleb since he's outgrown the few I've already made him.  Then I plan on working through my big stash of fabrics so Madeline will have some fun, new clothes for this spring/summer.  I've had some of these fabrics sitting around for two years.  So it's about time I find the time to make some cute pieces for her.

A quick note about Havi's adoption.  We've been working on our dossier and home study documents and will finally begin our home study this month.  We'll probably be DTC some time late summer.

Well, that just about sums up the last month.  I do apologize that I have neglected the blog. I will come back some time this week with a few more photos to go along with all these fun times.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.  

And please, please pray for dear Gina- for healing and peace.

Ni Hao Yall

6 sweet words:

michele Sunday, April 08, 2012  

Great pics! I will pray for your sister's friend. I just lost someone very close to me from cancer.
Hugs,
Auntie Michele

Unknown Sunday, April 08, 2012  

I love you photos. Love the dance ones!

I will pray for your sisters friend. Cancer has touched my family also. Praying for her healing.

Deb Sunday, April 08, 2012  

Thanks for sharing some sweet pics of me and my little man. I am also thankful to you for sharing about Gina. I know how difficult it is for you and me to talk about it....so proud of your little guy for hitting the ball so well. I am so proud of him. And I can't wait to see Madeline's performance!!!!!

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 Sunday, April 08, 2012  

LUV the cropping on the photo you submitted! I mean LOVE!!!
Nancy-of the crazy 9

Grandma (Bammy) Monday, April 09, 2012  

Wow - what a baseball player you are Caleb!!! And a beautiful blossoming ballerina Madeline!!!
Sending lots of love through the computer to two wonderful children I an blessed to call MY grandchildren!!! How lucky am I?
Hugs and kisses from
Bamm

Stephanie Friday, April 13, 2012  

So great to get an update. So, so sorry for the battle Gina is facing.
Your kids are just beautiful. I love, love, love Madeline's hair bun!! Can't wait to hear how the recital goes.
Will pray for peace AND healing for Gina.

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP