Sunday Snapshot: Just black and white

4.15.2012

The other day we had to bring Patrick's car in to get it serviced, 
which meant he had to take my minivan to work.
That resulted in an empty garage.
What did the kids do?

Play in it.



Yep.  I sent them out to play and told them I would be out in a second.  Only when I headed outside,

I found them still in the garage.




It's not often the kids can play in the garage.
Here in Florida, it gets too hot.  But the weather was lovely, cool, and breezy.

I thought I'd snap a few photos.
It seems Madeline didn't get the memo.


She kept darting from the front of the garage to the back, which kept me on my toes.
Lighting in the back of the garage is way different, leaving me to constantly recheck my settings.
I guess you could say I was up for the challenge.

Madeline basically just wanted to play with her cat stuffed animal.


She loves to be the mommy and shower it with lots of kisses.


All the while, Caleb was busy on his scooter or playing basketball (the hoop is just off the garage.)
Then Madeline decided she wanted to play with the chalk.




That's when she finally decided to flash me her pretty little smile, hair in her face and all.



I thought I would go ahead and share what I shot with and my settings.  
My camera is a Nikon D700, lens 85mm 1.4.
Shot at f/1.6, ISO 400 (a few at 640), shutter speed between 1/320 and 1/2000.

I converted them all to black and white so that the "blahness" of my garage wouldn't detract from the images.

Before Stefanie changed up the rules for Sunday Snapshot, I had decided to improve my photography skills.  

Some things I've been working on: 
1. Improving composition.
2.Improving full sun shots. 

Now, the new rules have given me that extra motivation.  
So, thanks, Stefanie!

I still have more photos to share, as well as how life is going.  
I just thought I'd save that for another post.

Please stop by Stefanie's blog to learn more about the "new" Sunday Snapshot and see some incredible photos.

Ni Hao Yall

13 sweet words:

Tammi Sunday, April 15, 2012  

Wow!! Just stunning!! I love this whole series. Beautiful job.

Deb Sunday, April 15, 2012  

Loving your photos, sis! You always inspire me to improve my skills. I am so proud of you!

Gina Kleinworth Sunday, April 15, 2012  

What fun- I adore that first shot- the way her hair is framing her face- gorgeous!

Unknown Sunday, April 15, 2012  

sweet black and whites

Cheri Sunday, April 15, 2012  

My girls are always asking me to move the Honda out of the garage so they can play - winter and summer. Love the pics.

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 Sunday, April 15, 2012  

Garage light is so so divine! As is that first image! Just GORGEOUS!!! Please say it is framed?
nancy-of the crazy 9

Unknown Sunday, April 15, 2012  

Gorgeous!!

Diane Sunday, April 15, 2012  

Great pic's! I LOVE the first one, she looks stunning!!!
God Bless,
Diane

Nicole Renée Sunday, April 15, 2012  

Yeah pretty much just STUNNING! Love your conversions!

Sharon Monday, April 16, 2012  

These are gorgeous B&W's !

Grandma (Bammy) Monday, April 16, 2012  

Hi Caleb and Madeline - I remember playing in the garage with you two!!!
Sending lots of love and many hugs!!!
Love
Bammy

Melissa Wednesday, April 18, 2012  

These picture are just beautiful. Can I send my kids to your house for you to take their pictures?

Melissa

Jancy Saturday, April 21, 2012  

The pictures as always look fantastic. But then again they will when you have such good looking children as yours. I love the hair in the face picture. My Honda always gets parked out in front to block the kids going in the street. They love an empty garage. Plus Adrian is always mopping it so Jael can crawl around in it. I need a better camera to take more pictures. I love your talent!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP