Sunday Snapshot: A little shaking and a little Shakespeare

1.22.2012



Two weeks ago, Madeline began her dance class at a local studio. 
 She does a little ballet and then a little tap.


She get's very excited the morning of her class and can't wait until the afternoon rolls around.


(I know this focus is soft; I just couldn't resist her giddiness.)


By her appearance when class is over, it seems she's thoroughly enjoying herself.  Seeing how she loved playing with her skirt when I took these photos, I now know why it's completely backwards by the end of class. 

School has been going really well with Caleb.  A few weeks ago, I mentioned that we would be starting Shakespeare.  We are using Beautiful Stories from Shakespeare by Edith Nesbit, which is a retelling of his plays in prose.  We are also using these fun finger puppets from Masterpuppet Theater to act out the scenes after he narrates.  A few weeks ago, we started our first play A Midsummer Night's Dream.  Oh, how did he LOVE it.  He particularly got a kick out of Puck.  I mean, who wouldn't?  We would read and narrate just a little bit of the play each day, but every morning was the same.  "When are we going to do Shakespeare?  I just love it!"

Well, I couldn't talk about homeschooling without including a photo of my precious boy.  I took these with my iPhone, so you'll have to pardon the poor quality.  I'm kicking myself that I didn't take any photos of him acting out the play with our finger puppets, but since we're going to start The Tempest this week, I'll have a chance to make up for that loss.   I'm actually acting it out with him, so it's great family fun.  Madeline even got in on the action one time. 



(He's actually working on math in these shots, but I promise to get some fingerpuppet shots next time.  I'll have to put my fingerpuppets down and pick up the camera.)

For more Sunday Snapshots, check out Stefanie's blog.


 
Sunday Snapshot


3 sweet words:

Stefanie Monday, January 23, 2012  

Such sweet shots of your little ballerina :)
Thanks for joining in this week!

Deb Monday, January 23, 2012  

Such sweet photos! I loved hearing her tap the last time we visited. I can't wait to see some videos of your narration.

Stephanie Friday, January 27, 2012  

Cracks me up to see her playing with her skirt. She's adorable!
What a great idea to do finger puppets with Shakespeare! Very cool!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP