Hurting

1.14.2012

This just plain stinks. I had hoped to share some happy moments this past week, in addition to celebrating Caleb's 7th birthday. However, I would be neglectful if I didn't share some heartbreaking news first. If you suspected that I might be referring to my sister's dear friend, Gina {insert lump in my throat}, you would be right. The news isn't good. Unfortunately, that has all too often been the case. Her latest PET scan has shown progression with her disease....this, after just celebrating her 33rd birthday with her family. It has spread to her bones and progressed in her lungs and lymph nodes. 
 
I'm just sick. 
 Sick of crying for her. 
 Sick of this valley. 
 Sick of wrapping my brain around the plans laid out for her, 
for her husband, for her children. 

 Yes, I know the Lord works all things for good. I know this well. Still, the sadness and pain fills my heart right now. Anyway, the plan is to seek out a clinical trial. In the meantime, Gina and her family would love for you to storm the gates of Heaven on her behalf. The Lord is still in the business of miracles. Let the Lord hear your heart's cry. He longs for us to call upon Him.

 
Keep on fighting, Gina! We love you, girl!!!

4 sweet words:

Cheri Saturday, January 14, 2012  

I'm at a loss of words. She has often been in my thoughts and prayers. I will continue to pray for her and her family.

Deb Saturday, January 14, 2012  

... thank you, dear sis...

Grandma (Bammy) Saturday, January 14, 2012  

sorry to hear the sad news...am praying for her...

Melissa Wednesday, January 18, 2012  

So sorry to hear about your friend. Yes, Cancer sucks! I just lost my father to cancer in Nov. Praying for Gina and her family.

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP