Some fishing & when will the drama ever end???


So we had an absolutely fabulous time out on our Gheenoe yesterday. We had a minor issue with our little 5hp engine when we launched the boat into the water. But it was easily fixed, and we were on our way down the river in no time. We found a little fishing spot not too far from the launch because Patrick had to go in to work in the afternoon. With it being our inaugural boat trip, Patrick picked up a few things from one of our local bait and tackle shops. Then in our excitement, we left it all in the car. LOL. So we were left with very little in the tackle box which we could use to fish with. But that didn't stop Caleb. In fact, he managed to catch TWO, yes TWO catfish on the same line!!!! Patrick had put two hooks on his line, and viola! Our son, the fisherman! We were so proud of him. And although I didn't bring my camera, I managed to catch a few photos using Patrick's i phone. So we're quite happy about that. We also managed to get the boat in and out of the water without incident, although it was quite clear we were newbie boat owners while doing it. LOL. Ya gotta start somewhere, right?

When we got home, I was anxious for the mail to come because as soon as we get our fingerprint appointment notice, we are going to walk in early to the im*migration support center. Well, the mail came and no notice. Having grown tired of waiting for it, I decided to call customer service to see if we even had our appointment scheduled. At first, the officer tried to tell me our application hasn't even been received in Missouri yet. But I wasn't buying it because our last fingerprint notice came just 3 days after our I-800A notice. I kept on him to check and wadda know, he said we were scheduled for May 27th at 11am. He couldn't confirm when the appointment was made, and therefore, when we would receive the notice in the mail. But I knew that meant it would be coming any day, and that gave me a glimmer of hope.

I decided to email our officer to let her know that as soon as we received our fingerprint notice in the mail, we were going to try to walk in early and could she approve us quickly. She said she would be ready to approve us quickly and also suggested that I give her a courier account # so that she could overnight our approval to us. I thanked her and gave her an account for shipping. Then she emailed me and told me that she was going to be out of the office all next week. I thought my eyes were going to pop out of my head. But then she gave me the name of another officer who can assist us, should we get printed next week and need approval while she's out of the office. Phew! She has been so helpful to us during this entire process. We couldn't be happier that she's been assigned to our case. And with that comment, I believe she also expects us to get approved next week because she's the one who schedules our appointment.

Unfortunately, the mailman has already come today and AGAIN no appointment notice in the mail. I am totally bummed about it because Patrick was going to try to finish up work early so we could head over there (1.5 hour drive.) But now it doesn't matter. Our only hope now is to get the letter by Tuesday and zip over to Orlando for fingerprinting that afternoon. This is likely going to be the case. If the appointment was already in the system yesterday, and they mailed it at the latest yesterday or today AND it takes 4 days to get mail from Missouri...then we will have it by Tuesday for sure and will be able to head over there for printing (as long as it doesn't get lost by the USPS.) Regardless of when this new officer will be able to approve us next week, our agency won't be able to drop off our documents at the consulate until the following Monday, which is May 17th. Two weeks from that date (May 31st), our Article 5 will be picked up and overnighted to CC@@ in Bei*jing when we will begin our 2-4 week wait for TA. It's still possible to leave the last week of June but more likely the first week of July, as long as consulate appointments aren't booked when our agency tries to schedule it for us.

Well, I had a feeling we weren't going to get the letter in the mail today because when I was out running errands this morning, I heard John Waller's son While I'm Waiting. Yup, that's been my theme song this entire adoption. So I shouldn't really be surprised by today's news. Anyway, in the meantime I can actually finish up Madeline's room, keep on sewing her adorable clothes and play baseball with the greatest son ever.

I'll leave you with some photos from yesterday.

Waiting patiently for the fish to bite

Daddy helping Caleb reel in TWO, yes TWO, catfish
Caleb getting the net ready
Showing off his two fish from the same line

2 sweet words:

Stephanie Friday, May 07, 2010  

I'll be praying that the fingerprinting appointment comes EARLY next week! Let's get your little girl home! :)

Barbara Saturday, May 08, 2010  

glad to hear you enjoyed your first boat trip!!! great fishing, Caleb!!!


About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by 2008

Back to TOP