Caleb can tie mama's shoes!

2.22.2010

I realize this is just another step in Caleb's development and, therefore, may not seem like such a big deal. But to this mama of a 5yo child with a limb difference, I am just thrilled. My little man tied mama's shoe today all by himself. I did a tiny bit of verbal coaching at one point. But he really did it all by himself. I got it on video, but I still need to download the software onto the desktop before I can get it here on the blog. Once I do, I will be sure to post the video here. This makes me so happy because the strength in Caleb's left hand is still very weak, even after his surgery. So holding a shoelace together to form a bunny ear is not easy for him. Anyway, I'm just tickled and so very proud of him.




***Edited to add: the video I promised***


Caleb ties mama's shoe! @ Yahoo! Video

The CC@@ is back from their holiday break. But still no word on our new LID. Another transfer family who submitted their paperwork a month after us just got word their new LID is 2.9.10. So, we too, are hopeful to have a new LID but just don't know it yet.

Now, I have a favor to ask those of you who follow this blog. It would really mean a lot to me (and our children when they are older) if you could make comments in the comments section when something is meaningful to you. I realize I am not the most engaging storyteller and most of things I blog about really only matter most to the three of us. But this adoption journey has been long, hard, painful, and, frankly, lonely. The reason we chose to blog before traveling and while traveling in China is to share our lives with you during this journey. So it would be really meaningful to us if you could take the time to leave a comment in the comment section once in a while. Your comments are a source of comfort to us today and are something our children will cherish when they are older. Otherwise, it feels like this blog is only for us, and that was not its original intent. Thanks.

4 sweet words:

Anonymous Tuesday, February 23, 2010  

Hooray for Caleb! I know he'll be excited to teach Mei Mei how to tie her shoes when she gets home.

Anonymous Tuesday, February 23, 2010  

While you don't know me, I've been following your blog as we wait for our own agency transfer, new LID, etc...as we wait to bring home our 3 year old daughter from China. Our blog isn't "up" yet b/c our whole family doesn't even know yet! But I wanted to encourage you in your waiting -- always the hardest part!! I pray that God would bless you with his peace and the knowledge that you are getting very close to bringing your daughter home at just the right time! Habakkuk 2:3
Stephanie

Deb Tuesday, February 23, 2010  

Eva,

You and your family are in my heart and prayers. You are an excellent wife, mother and sister. And Leah anxiously waits to meet her cousin, Madeline.

Can't wait to see the video of caleb tying his mama's shoes. I am so proud of him.

Fliss and Mike Adventures Thursday, February 25, 2010  

Caleb is such a sweetie... you blog and I will read and leave comments :)

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP