Another Friday....but same story

2.26.2010

As if it couldn't get any worse...

I have since connected with another transfer family that is using the same agency as us. And when she learned of her new LID today, I thought surely we will learn ours, too. But nope. I'm happy to say that Patrick's email to our agency earlier this week finally got the ball rolling for this other family. But we remain in the same spot....another week and no new LID.

I have cried so many times, I didn't think I had any tears left. But I guess I do. We have been given no reason why our transfer is taking over twice as long as other transfer families. We've only been told, "Your paperwork is being processed." There is no comfort in that statement....not when other transfer families with the SAME agency as us are getting their LID. Our requests for a new LID were made at the SAME time by the SAME rep....so why are we still waiting????

I know the bottom line is that it isn't our time yet and that we are to trust in the Lord's timing. But I just don't know how much longer I can take. I guess I should've been prepared for this news because this morning, as I was out running errands, I heard John Waller's song, "While I'm Waiting." Yes, Lord, I know I'm supposed to worship and be patient....but it's so hard to continue doing that. When our wait to bring our daughter home is "outside the norm," it's difficult...so very difficult. If you read this blog and pray, please please pray for us. A dear friend from RQ said she would storm the gates for me. And boy do I need it! Thanks prayer warriors.

On another note, Caleb has been tying my shoes all week, telling me, "Wait mama, don't look." And then tah dah! It's been too cute. Then yesterday, he had a play date with a friend. She asked me if I could tie her shoe but quickly Caleb piped up, "I'll do it." And sure enough, he did! I am so proud of him.

I'm off to have a good cry now.....

....oh wait, I've already done that.

3 sweet words:

Colleen Cocci Friday, February 26, 2010  

Hi Eva,

I can't know what you're going through but I do sympathize and have been praying for your family and little Madeline. The Lord does work in strange ways; keep trusting in HIM. Stay strong! That is so great about Caleb! When Madeline gets here, maybe he'll be braiding her hair soonafter :-) Love ya! Colleen

Cheri Friday, February 26, 2010  

I am so sorry you have no news. You've been in my thoughts, and I'll be praying you hear something soon. It is so hard to see God's reasons for delays. I'm glad I'm not God.

The pictures of your daughter are so sweet and beautiful. I know they warm your soul.

Allison Saturday, February 27, 2010  

Still storming, friend! February was a rough month, but March will be better. Big hugs from Texas!!!

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP