Merry Christmas everyone!

12.24.2009

We have been so busy lately, I don't even know where to begin.

The workers finally finished up in Madeline's room. They were originally going to do all the interior work after the new year but decided to complete the entire job at once. For anybody interested in (even a short) remodel before a holiday, let me advise you NOT to do it! Two weeks later and our house is still turned upside down. After hurting my back on Sunday from flipping Caleb (all 45 lbs of him) upside down "one more time," I finally felt good enough to put a paint brush in my hand and get crackin' on all this painting. Before the house can be reasonable enough to have my sister and her family over for Christmas, I need to have the computer room closet and doors painted. This way, I can move all of the computer room stuff out of Madeline's room.....so I can move all of Madeline's room's "things" out of the dining room and back where they belong! Phew! I've been playing musical rooms for long enough. But the reality is there is not near enough time in a day to get this all done. While the house may be a wreck, at least all the presents are wrapped. And we're as ready as we can be to celebrate our last Christmas as a family of three. Rest assured, Patrick wants to make this one we'll never forget. He also said it would be a few years before he could out do himself. I tried to get him to put that in writing, but he wouldn't. Oh well.

On another note, I ordered our care package for Madeline using Ann at Red Thread China. I have been emailing her back and forth these last few days. She just notified me that yesterday she requested updated information and photos of Madeline. So I hope to receive that information and those photos real soon. While putting together the photos for the photo album, I realized that I don't have very many photos of me and Caleb together. And that's because I'm always behind my lens. So at the recommendation of my friend, Lisa, I decided to set up the tripod the other day just to get one more shot of mama with Caleb. Caleb is totally willing to indulge me when I set up the tripod because I give him my remote shutter release to "play with". And he has an absolute blast taking the pictures. I thought I'd share one with you now.


1 sweet words:

Cheri Sunday, December 27, 2009  

You are a beautiful family! Your son....oh how handsome! I hope you hear something from Ann soon and your paperwork flies through!

RQ friend, Cheri

Labels

About This Blog

This blog is a place where we have shared our lives with family and friends while we waited to bring our daughter, Madeline, home from China and while we actually traveled to China for her. It is also a place where we will continue to share our life experiences, as we try to glorify God and raise our two precious dumplings from China.

And now we wait to bring Havi home from China.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP